Saturday 25 June 2011

Work in Progress (WIP) update 25th june 2011

           Hi there and straight to the point. I hurry to inform that progression of work is going at an evolving speed rate, which is good, I'm finally getting along with work. So for the story adapted for the design document, it has reached a certain stage where it is vastly descriptive, although, thanks to a friend's opinion, I shouldn't focus on the details but get the big picture as much complete as possible. For now I have taken a break from that document since this serves well the variet of perspectives (at times I get too clingy to a certain concept). With a fresh look, it will gain more substance.

         Another thing is the Labores Somnium Project that I mentioned here in the past, I'm part of it and the piece I have been writing is the Astrofantasy/Island Kingdom. The new update is that I have drawn the main hero concept for the other part of the story. The effect that the drawing had on the Project Leader (that's Ley) was, 'spot on' so to speak. Can't use the exact words Ley used for it, but the sentence included the word awesome!. And it was at first attempt, also to my surprise. I will post this sketch when I have it in proper file format. Also to assure you it is well visible did stronger linework in contradiction to the past drawings so you will see it well. Let us go further...

A confidential project I have been offered to join is in making, already started the initial phaze. Now to explain something. I have generated quite a few different concepts for it, chose one and even to my surprise it goes better than I expected. I am not allowed to reveal any details but as for my input the project... well let me not spoil the surprise, promising too much is not my intention nor my style. I hope I have spiced up the atmosphere a little with this.

Now one thing that has been a theme in this post is story writing... or it just races my mind all the time. Well, here goes. A steampunk story that has reached 3000 words some while ago is just a start to a novella if not more possibly. The question is, should I betray the influences I drawn from or leave it to you? Funny as, if I remember right I haven't yet explained anything about it and am struggling with the thought of posting a large excerpt turned into a short story or to post it in parts (as the Morgaine Wade/Bilco Kid idea, I'll get back to that one actually!). So At least we have something to look forward to. Hm, ok, why not? If you heard of Albert Camus, and like theme's of epidemic, ancient, supernatural, and eccentric doctor's who are adventurers, this is a thing for you.

Tis all from Bonesaw commodities for now, please stay tuned for further broadcasting and thank you for visiting! I can't help notice that some of you come here more frequently so don't be fooled, I do appreciate that!

2 comments:

  1. That is great news. I will stay tuned :) I am thinking of writing my blog in english aswell. That should help me to reach a wider audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great :) that should help to reach a wider spectrum of readers, just as you said. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete