Saturday 28 May 2011

Update on Reactivation of Bonesaw commodities

           Hello there, I know that the Blog was dead for a long while but soon there will be updates on the current work. It's all been due to the amount of work course related. Now that I am done with Computer Games Design and waiting for my degree I "virtualy" will have more time on updates. To sum things up, it looks like my final year project went well, the viva (a kind of presentation of the product) was a surprise to me (its outcome), I will know my results in mid of july. If the star alignment is in my favour I will recieve the degree around october/november. Just as a reminder it was a level made in Torchlight, done some visual scripting for it added a particle effect, TorchED is really simple so I recommend it (was going through 2 other editors including Dragon Age Toolset and Neverwinter Nights 2, some bugs stoped me from further development and finaly chose TorchED).

         In other news, Attica project, which was a group effort has also been presented, thanks to all of the guys we've managed to deliver a demo (pretty much a pre alpha, looks promising, still needs polishng though). There's been some consideration on picking it up at some point again, not to mention we were the only ones to go for a 3D project. Next thing on the list is that I've been invited into some projects and we shall see how it works out. At current time it would seem I have 3 in which I would participate, although it's all still in progress so just keep your fingers crossed. Also now I will have more time to work on the Astrofantasy project and pick it up where I left it, that is one of the 3 things for now. There are also some more options I have, like doing another course in Australia. I am thinking about Games Programming, but there are more IT ones there. A lot of things are conditional at the time, but with a dose of luck it all should play out fine.

         Again I apologise for the long inactivity and the updates should start soon, need some time to get back to Poland and settle few things. Job plans for now are to find a game tester position (most game designers start with that as "surprisingly" there usually aren't any entry jobs in that field). In any case I will be adding things in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment